Saturday, March 12, 2011

Colorado Springs 2009 layout

From our house we went straight to Colorado Springs to see our family.  Now I have to tell ya about this layout.  I bought the paper like I said in 2009, when we got back from our trip.  I LOVED the colors of the paper and this was going to be the first thing that I ever scrapbooked in my life so I wanted something kinda dummy proof. 

This is what the paper looked like when I started ~

DSCN4537_thumb

When I started working with my pictures and the paper I realized that I wanted to do a two page layout but I didn’t want both pages to say “COLORADO”, I wanted it to be a little more “personalized”.  I dragged out my bins of paper and got this crazy idea in my head about changing the paper, I know – ridiculous huh!  Here’s what I came up with ~

DSCN4532_thumb[1] 

 DSCN4533_thumb[6]    DSCN4534_thumb[7]

If you click on the 2 bottom squares you can see each individual page and what I did with it.  As you can tell from the original paper style it was a torn look and my Core’dinations paper really came in handy for that Smile.  My colors aren’t EXACTLY the same as the original paper. but I came pretty darn close.  I used liquid applique for the snow on the letters which came out great and gave the original paper a 3-D look. 

0 Cheesy Comments:

Post a Comment