Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My first stair step card!!!

I finally sat down today and did a stair step card, thanks to my DT buddy Carolanne from Logans Crafty Momma Smile  You should check out her blog (click on her name) and YouTube channel, she does some awesome stuff and she’s really good at these cards.

So, here’s my first attempt at the card.  I see a lot of places where I could make it better but for a first time I’m pretty happy with it.  I changed up the measurements a little to give me more room to decorate but then realized I wish I would’ve made it smaller … oh well.  Here ya go ~

Front view of the cardphoto (5)

Side view of the cardphoto (6)Here are the directions for making this card as given by Carolanne on her YouTube channel, if you get stuck you can always refer to her video.

Card base should be 5” x 10 1/2”

You should score at 1 1/4”, 2 1/2”, 4 1/4”, 6”, and 8 1/4”

Start at the back of the card (8 1/4” score) and fold like an accordion – the back flap and the front flap should be down. 

If you use her measurements for the main card your pieces on each step should be 4 3/4” x 1”, 4 3/4” x 1 1/2”, and 4 3/4” x 2”.  this will give you a little of the base all around.  I covered my whole step.

Work from the back when decorating, you don’t have too but it does make it a little easier.

Good luck on your stair step card!!  Smile

1 comment:

  1. Cute, I made my sister in law one of these for her birthday. I would love it if you checked it out!

    http://jamiek711designs.blogspot.com/2011/08/accordion-birthday-card-with-tab.html

    ReplyDelete